Here are some tips to help troubleshoot a new or unfamiliar noise with your water chamber:
- Read your user manual. Follow troubleshooting tips.
- Disassemble your unit, clean thoroughly and re-assemble. Ensure all parts are connected securely with no loose parts.
- Humidifiers can make noise when water levels are not optimal. Example: a gurgling noise. Alter the level of the water in your humidifier. Ensure the water level does not exceed the maximum fill line.
- When was the last time the water chamber was replaced? If it's been more than 6 months, replace the water chamber immediately. CPAP manufacturers recommend replacing consumable parts every 6 months for optimal performance.
- Check your mask for leaks as the sound may be coming from your mask. Seal leaks are extremely common. Check for leakage with your mask on. Often it starts with the noise but can lead to poor air pressure and therapy.
- Call manufacturer for technical support: Resmed, Respironics, or Fisher & Paykel Contact
- Visit a local CPAP vendor for assistance troubleshooting.
- Other tips: Why Is My Water Chamber Leaking?